Welcome to (SVAH) Grades 9-12
SVAH enables students to reach their creative and academic potential through a rigorous college preparatory education anchored in the arts. Students develop self-expression through a four-year sequence of courses, hands-on experiences (i.e. arts internships at MOCA and LACMA, fieldtrips, and exposure to the art world. Courses in Western and world civilizations connect classes to local and global events, while Advanced Placement and college courses combined with annual visits to public and private colleges prepare students to access and succeed in higher education. The SVAH is an accredited school recognized statewide for instructional, artistic, and academic excellence.
At SVAH, students graduate inspired and equipped to contribute to their community and the world.
SVAH community partners include:
- CA World History Project
- Educare Afterschool Programs
- Facing History and Ourselves
- FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising)
- LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art)
- Los Angeles Community College
- Otis College of Art and Design
- Parent Institute for Quality Education
- Public Matters
- Search to Involve Pilino Americans (SIPA)
- Shakespeare Festival LA
- USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism